Followers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE CRADLE OF FORESTRY


On the way home from the Enon Baptist Churches, I stopped here (the Cradle of Forestry in Pisgah National Forest). This is a fascinating center about the development of forestry in this region. If I remember correctly, those two guys cutting the tree are using a "misery whip." Do that for twelve hours and you will sleep like a baby! This is a large museum and information center and while I was there, buses arrived with school kids and summer camp personnel. There was also a steady traffic in hikers and tourists. I decided that they needed a storyteller and the Director told me he would think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Since the economy has turned bad, my work has dried up and I've been contacting folks in out of way locations. I think I will be doing a lot of churches, garden clubs and quilting circles. This is where I belong anyway: country churches, animal shelters (I did a freebie in Burnsville last Saturday)and garden clubs.

    ReplyDelete