Followers

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Preaching to the Chickens


This is my most popular painting.  It is based on an actual event.  When I was a child, there was a "fire and damnation" church near my grandparents' home, and we could hear the preacher at night when he raved and ranted about judgment day.  I would sometimes go and stand outside the church at night where I could see the preacher and I was impressed.  I wanted to do that...scare the hell out of folks, so I would sometimes get a lantern and the family Bible and go to the chicken house at night and preach to the chickens.  They were's attentive and sometimes got hysterical when I talked about Chicken Hell.  It was good training for being a storyteller.

A print of this painting is available now for $200 and may be obtained by contacting Livingston Studio's in Sylva.

No comments:

Post a Comment